Why do you want to build my own computer? Well, for one thing it is very convenient. You have a computer on your desk with no messy cables or wires dangling from it.
Before you get started on what you can do to build your own computer, there are several things you need to know first. There are many computer building guides out there, and I am not going to write one for you. The best way to build your own computer is to find a good source of information that will show you step by step through the process. You need to know how to put in the parts, how to connect them together and how to make sure everything works.
Here are some easy things you should remember if you want to build your own computer.
With these steps you will be able to put a computer together yourself.
* Don’t buy the first computer you see. This is one of the mistakes people make when they want to build their own computer. You can get a great deal by getting a used computer or refurbished ones. Many people have gotten great deals on computers by buying refurbished computers. They work just as well as new computers, but they are more affordable.
* Find a case that fits your power supply. They come in different sizes and it is very important to get the right size for your power supply. Don’t put the wrong power supply in it. You could destroy your computer.
* Get a hold of a program called “brontop” which will show you what kind of board you need to buy. The different boards are compared in quality and price and you can choose the one that suits your needs.
* Use a case with holes on all sides so you can use the motherboard standoffs. If you don’t get this, your standoffs will not fit properly. This is extremely important because if your standoffs are too small, they can’t support the weight of the motherboard. You will also have a problem with your hard drive and other components.
* Have the motherboard back up ready in the case and set up the wiring. It may take some time to wire the motherboard to the computer.
* Then you want to figure out how to program the computer.
You can do this by using your favorite text editor. Then get a program like Winzip or WinRAR that will unzip the software and install it for you. Make sure you use a program that has a backup feature, so that you can restore your computer if anything goes wrong.
* Then you will want to set up the software that will allow you to program the programs. The program will allow you to connect all the necessary components that you will need to install the operating system of your choice. These programs will usually come with a CD or DVD.
- Once you have this installed, you need to decide how to start the computer.
- You want to remember that you will not be able to just plug in the computer and start it up like you would in a store.
- After you have done all this, you are ready to start building your own computer.
- Good luck and don’t forget to check back for my next article where I will be showing you how to get some manuals.